Learn to sail in the Ionian
If you are interested in learning to sail, then we can help you with that as well!
You can either book a Skippered Charter holiday, where our expert skippers will gladly teach you as much as you are willing to absorb in the week. This is a great opportunity with one on one tuition, to see if sailing is for you and your family. On a Skippered Yacht Charter holiday, we are unable to issue you with any actual qualifications, but you will finish the week in a brilliant position to go on to complete an RYA Day Skipper course (the minimum requirement for chartering) either in the UK or in the Ionian (see below).
This option is perfect if you have a family or group with varying levels of interest in learning to sail, as the Holiday element comes first and forth most.
However, if you wish to undertake a formal RYA sailing course (Competent Crew or Day Skipper), then we have partnered up with the Lefkada Sea School, and can now offer full RYA Competent Crew and Day Skipper courses via our partnership with the Lefkada Sea School (Principle Instructor is the excellent Steve Guttridge with over 25 years of experience).
RYA Courses offered:
- 5 day course for beginners and those who would like to become active crew members
- Experience living on board and really getting to know the boat. You are the crew and without you the sails won't go up and the boat won't be steered
- By the end of the 5 day course you should be able to steer, handle the sails, keep lookout, assist with mooring up and assist in all the day to day duties required on board.
- 5 day course for aspiring skippers with some yachting experience and basic skills
- Learn to skipper a short passage and being in charge of your crew and the boat
- It is a requirement that students take a Day Skipper Theory course (either on line or in the classroom environment) prior to taking the practical course
- With a Day Skipper qualification you are legally able to charter a yacht
International Certificate of Competence ("ICC")
- 1 day course and assessment for those already at Day Skipper standard, but requiring official evidence of competence for chartering
If you would like to explore further these options, please contact us.